I LOVE hollandaise sauce. That’s mostly cos I LOVE poached eggs. Anyway, I’ve always known that hollandaise sauce is not healthy due to the amount of butter and egg yolks used but since I never made it, I didn’t give it much thought.
When I started baking, I’d see how much butter and sugar goes into each cake, brownies, etc. So when I made macarons and had leftover egg yolks, I figured that I could finally make some hollandaise sauce for myself! YAAAY!
That is, until I read the recipe and decided against it. A 2/3 cup of sauce uses 1/2 cup of butter and 3 egg yolks. Eek! So I tried to find a healthier alternative and found this Yogurt Hollandaise Sauce. And hey, it keeps! Unlike the real hollandaise recipe, you have to use immediately as it doesn’t keep long. Anyway, I have yet to try this recipe though. Keeping this in my files for future reference.
Total Time: 25 mins
- Beat eggs, yogurt, lemon juice in double boiler.
- Cook for about 15 min or until thickened.
- Note: Sauce will become thinner after 1o min of cooking, then will thicken again.
- Remove from heat and stir in dill, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Serve warm.
- Can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Reheat over hot not boiling water.